Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Who remembers the Hair Bear Bunch?


I barely remember this cartoon, but I have an old Gold Key comic that made me a happy camper as a young-un. These guys tripped me out. If I recall the plot properly, they'd escape from the zoo each episode, then hop on their invisible motorcycle to have their fantastically formulaic adventure! The 'fro just slays me!

I keep meaning to develop my own vision of these classic characters, but I love 'em so much that I I find myself sticking really close to on-model. We'll see what happens when I get to Space Ghost and the Herculoids...

This is almost entirely done in Procreate on my iPad, but the special effects and fuzzy background were added in Photoshop.  Also, the light, smooth tones on the bears were done in Photoshop, but mostly 'cuz I can't figure out how to do 'em in any of the apps on my iPad.